Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Become a Sponsor (mentor) with Generation Hope!
Generation Hope is a nonprofit organization that helps DC-area teen parents become college graduates through one-on-one mentoring, tuition assistance, and crisis intervention. Based on the belief that education is vital to success, Generation Hope creates a vital support system for young parents and their children as they pursue academic excellence. Generation Hope’s unique program model provides a direct giving experience for Sponsors as they work with us to nurture a new generation of ambitious and successful families.
Generation Hope Sponsors (mentors) play a vital role in support of our mission by working on-on-one with a teen parent in college Sponsors provide both emotional and financial support to help their Scholar complete college, pursue a successful career, and create a stable and productive environment for themselves and for their children.
SPONSOR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Form a mentoring relationship with a teen parent from Washington, D.C., Maryland, or Virginia who is pursuing their college degree;
- Receive mentor training to ensure that you and your Scholar get the most out of your relationship;
- Gain access to Generation Hope’s network of colleges and universities, educators, local businesses, and individuals that are working together to decrease poverty and to make a college degree achievable for all people;
- Enjoy fun activities, such as museum tours and concerts, with other Scholars and Sponsors to foster interaction with your Scholar throughout the year;
- Experience opportunities to provide needed items to your Scholar; and
- Celebrate Generation Hope’s successes at various activities throughout the year,such as the annual Gala.
- $2,400 per year sponsors full or partial tuition for a Generation Hope Scholar attending a four-year college
- $1,200 per year sponsors full or partial tuition for a Generation Hope Scholar attending a two-year college
- Sponsor agrees to undergo a background check.
- Sponsor agrees to attend a one‐time Mentor training in July 2020.
- Sponsor commits to forming a caring, healthy mentoring relationship with a teen parent in college
- Sponsor must demonstrate a sincere interest in positively impacting the life of a teen parent and assisting them in reaching their educational and career goals.
Interested in getting involved in our life-changing work? Complete our Sponsor application at http://supportgenerationhope.org/sponsor-application, or contact Director of Programming Caroline Griswold Short at email@example.com or 202-642-5649 with any questions.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: