Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Web/Graphic Designer Intern
Kirstin’s Haven, Inc. is looking for an intern interested in designing content and improving our website (SquareSpace). This individual must demonstrate their design and front end development skills. Previous experience in working with Web Banners, Presentations, Landing Page Design And Implementation Of Basic Wordpress Themes. This job also entails selecting and modifying images and digital assets for creating digital marketing campaigns for web and social media platforms.
-MUST BE ABLE TO COME ON SITE.
- Designing Web Banners
- Providing Creative Assets For Web And Social Media Marketing Campaigns
- Web Page Layouts, and Design (SquareSPace)
- Creating Conversion Friendly, Responsive Websites and Landing Pages
- Programming, developing, website coding, and implementing basic websites and landing pages using HTML/CSS and WordPress
- Collaborate with marketing team and, and project managers on projects
- Contribute to the development of the misc. company special projects
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality of existing pages
- Ensure code and elements are properly architected and specified, and review all code for quality assurance purposes.
- Responsible for various aspects of ongoing support and maintenance engagements.
- Create new and edit existing CSS files to achieve web page design goals
- Design web advertisements, banner ads, and corporate identities to match look and feel of brands
- Potential to work with some Flash and video elements
- Learn project and task management processes
Experience and Education
- A college degree is desirable but not required
- 1-2 years related experience.
- Excellent graphic design skills
- Extremely fluent with HTML and CSS
- Wordpress experience strongly recommended.
- Strong sense of visual design
- An understanding of front-end optimization techniques
- Knowledge of usability / user experience design is a plus
- Understanding of eCommerce Design Best Practices
- Organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Ability to follow-up persistently
- Design, Digital Design, Interactive Design, Fine Art, Computer Science or related major
- Strong passion for digital art and graphic design
- Desire to learn about e-commerce industry and internet marketing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
Duration: Approx. one semester or one quarter with potential for two (10-20 hours per week) we are flexible and willing to work around school and/or work schedules.
The internship is unpaid, but an extensive amount can be taken from this experience. An internship in the digital design field is a great way to get a jumpstart on your career and gain tangible working knowledge.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: