Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+, Skills: Fundraising, Marketing Strategy, Grant Development, Strategy Plans, Public Relations
Enthusiastic Board Member
The Maryland STEM Festival, Inc operates the annual state-wide celebration of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. It consists of 100's of fun, free, family oriented events every fall. The Festival seeks to provide STEM opportunities for all students, particularly those in underserved communites such as girls, minorities and the disabled. More information can be found at website.
We are seeiking enthusiastic individuals to serves as member of the Board. The Board is in particular need of individuals with fundraising and marketing skills. The Board meets eight times a year and has one and two year terms.
Responsibilities of Directors include:
- Understand and promote organization's mission
- Gain a working knowledge of the organization's programs, services and delivery models
- Be a working member of at least one board committee, work group or project annually
- Assisting in recruitment of sponsors and hosts
- Advocate for the organization
- Help to educate the community
- Identifying and/or avoid conflicts of interest
- Offer if not asked to participate in activities you can help with
- Ask questions
- Be respectful of differing opinions
- Be open minded to diverse ideas
- Actively participate in board meetings, annual board planning retreat and annual meeting
- Participate in annual board self-assessment
- Review board meeting materials before the meeting
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: