Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Be A Disaster Recovery Volunteer
In the event of a disaster in Howard County or the surrounding communities, Howard County Department of Recreation and Parks will use this resource to contact volunteers if their skills and support are needed during an emergency.
Most disaster-serving organizations have an existing pool of trained volunteers and may likely not accept spontaneous volunteers. However, other organizations may need extra help during a disaster. By registering for this opportunity, you will become part of an extra pool of volunteers, available to assist other organizations during a disaster.
Howard County Department of Recreation and Parks will contact you via email or by phone to notify you of volunteer opportunities if/when they become available on behalf of the organizations in need.
For those interested in volunteering in times of disaster, the Volunteer Center Serving Howard County suggests doing the following:
In your account profile:
- Under Personal Information link, in the DEMOGRAPHIC AND VOLUNTEER OPTIONS section, check yes for “I am interested in being contacted for disaster service.”
- Under Skills Link:
- Indicate Yes for the Accept Invitations question.
- Indicate those skills you have and are willing to offer.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: