Full Charge Bookkeepers - QuickBooks Plus (Virtual)
Maintain the accounting records for the Corporation using the QuickBooksPlus Online. Reconcile all accounts as needed. Interface with outside accounting experts such as tax CPA and auditors. Assist the Treasurer and Executive Board with running and customizing reports that provide business analysis and results. Perform banking functions as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
*Create and maintain QuickBooks company data. Understand the account and company setup steps. Maintain a general knowledge of the major areas of the QuickBooks application.
*Create and maintain QuickBooks users, and set and maintain the appropriate access levels.
*Export periodic backups of the QuickBooks Online company data.
*Create and maintain vendor and customer records, including contact information, payment terms, and any other information required.
*Customize the company invoice form and other forms, such as sales receipts and estimates as needed.
*Create and maintain employees including contact information, payroll salary or rate information, and related employment data, such as W-4s and other new hire paperwork. Prepare or monitor the preparation of payroll. Make (or ensure they’re made) payroll tax deposits, and create and file payroll tax reports.
*Write checks in QuickBooks.
*Invoice customers. Upon approval, distribute invoices to customers via email or mail.
*Manage bills received from vendors.
*Record bank transactions as needed. Download all credit card and bank transactions into QuickBooks.
*Track the cash balance and alert owner or manager with regular cash flow reports.
*Prepare 1099s for application vendors
*Create and file sales tax reports.
*Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks OnlinePlus, computers and the Internet. Work fluently with Microsoft Office, email, browsers, Windows operating systems, and PCs.
* Solid understanding of the three levels of QuickBooks application: Free, Basic, and Plus.
* Knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping is preferred.
* Ability to effectively manage time, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
* Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Knowledge of general office procedures, such as copying, faxing, filing, and shredding.
* Flexible and adaptable to change.
* Candidates must be proficient in Quickbooks and other accounting/bookkeeping packages, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
* Experience with not-for-profit organizations and bookkeeping helpful
* Minimum of Two-year community college business degree with accounting or bookkeeping courses required and/or Intuit QuickBooks Certified User.