Looking for a way to volunteer? You're in the right place. Click on the Search button above to view our current volunteer opportunities. From that page you can filter the search results based on location, key word, issue, skills, age range, availability or other criteria. Click on the Opportunity Calendar link to view date & times specific opportunities in a calendar view.
Identify all the ways you can volunteer: attend Volunteering Made Easy. On January 18th or February 20, learn how to use VolunteerHoward.org to explore the possibilities. The session is free, but registration is required. View the opportunity for details and to register.
Looking to lead? Join us for a Volunteer Leader Training to learn about organizing and implementing great volunteer projects from start to finish! The session is free, but registration is required. View the opportunity for details and to register.
To get the most from being a registered partner attend a Partner Staff Orientation; whether you are a new partner or want a refresher. Offered once a month, learn how to optimize the use of VolunteerHoward.org to increase visibility, recruit more volunteers and identify skilled volunteers. Sessions are free, but registration is requested. View the opportunity for more information or to register.
2017-2018 Guide to Giving
Check out the Guide to Giving
for hundreds of ways you can
give back to our community
this holiday season and beyond.
Giving in Times of Disaster
To provide the best assistance to survivors and impacted areas:
- Do not self-deploy as a volunteer. Local resources to support you will be limited.
- Follow instructions provided by local authorities - which may be ever-changing.
- Send money, not material goods - every disaster, every survivor has unique needs.
- Give locally - local nonprofits are more familiar with local needs and resources.
- Volunteer locally to obtain training and prepare to serve.
- Think long-term. Recovery continues long after the TV cameras and media leave.
We're glad you've stopped by to discover how you can make a difference by volunteering here in Howard County, Maryland!
Volunteer Center Serving Howard County is a program of Columbia Association.