Check out ways to serve on the Calendar and in the
Guide to Giving.
Looking for a way to volunteer? You're in the right place. Click on the Find An Opportunity link above to view our current volunteer opportunities. From that page you can filter the search results based on location, key word, issue, skills, age range, availability or other criteria. Click on the Opportunity Calendar link to view date & time specific opportunities in a calendar view.
- Indentify all the ways you can volunteer: attend Volunteering Made Easy. Learn how to use Volunteerhoward.org to explore the possibilities. Sessions scheduled for Tuesday, December 6th, Thursday, January 19th, Tuesday, February 14th and Wednesday, March 8th. View the opportunity for details and to register.
- Looking to lead? Join us for a Volunteer Leader Training on Tuesday, March 14th to learn about organizing and implementing great volunteer projects from start to finish! View the opportunity for details and to register.
To get the most from your partner status New Partner Staff Orientations. Offered once a month, learn how to optimize the use of volunteerhoward.org to increase visibility, recruit more volunteers and identify skilled volunteers. Sessions are free, but regsitration is requested.
2016-2017 Guide to Giving
Check out the Guide to Giving
for hundreds of ways you can
give back to our community
this holiday season and beyond.
Assisting in times of disaster: VOLUNTEER WISELY
- DO NOT SELF-DEPLOY for your safety and the safety of others. Too much of a good thing can be overwhelming.
- CONFIRM NEED BEFORE COLLECTING
- FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS PREFERRED to established disaster organizations.
- FOLLOW the INSTRUCTIONS of Local Authorities & Volunteer Leaders.
Ellicott City Recovery
Volunteer Opportunities related to Ellicott City Recovery
An Ellicott City Long-Term Recovery Committee has been established. Stay tuned for details and link to information.
Recovery and re-building activities will continue into 2017.
Please consider volunteer opportunities with partner organizations that impact hunger, homelessness, health and wellness in our community. (Use as keyword(s) in search box.)
The community's willingness to help is sincerely appreciated.
(Check the calendar for date & time specific opportunities.)
Safety remains critical. Assessments and controls are ongoing.
Recovery and re-building efforts can and will take months.
In order to be ready to serve when opportunities are posted:
-Register (or update your registration) as a volunteer
-Check willingness to serve in a disaster (Demographic & Volunteer Options)
-Complete your skills profile AND indicate that you will accept invitations.
-Check opportunities of other community organizations who are supporting those in need and the environment.
Learn more and check for opportunities
Disaster Assistance Center and Resource Information howardcountymd.gov/ECStrong-Recovery-Resources
We're glad you've stopped by to discover how you can make a difference by volunteering here in Howard County, Maryland!
The Volunteer Center Serving Howard County, a program of the Columbia Association, is a community clearinghouse for volunteerism.
date & time specific
Latest NewsSign-up for our E-Newsletter Know an Older Adult who
wants to volunteer but
Check out our partnership
with Neighbor Ride!
Connect with the Volunteer
Center Serving Howard County
via a variety of social networks!
Have a question? Can't find
what you're looking for? Give
us a call at (410) 715-3172 or